Feb 4, 2021
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Zach Neese is a Worship Pastor at Gateway Church where he
oversees all areas of worship education including discipleship and
worship training classes. Zach believes there is a difference
between "leading worship" and pastoring people in the presence of
God, and his leadership reflects his passion for helping people
develop vibrant, transformational relationships with Jesus. Zach is
a gifted teacher and writes much of the church worship curriculum.
He also trains and advises worship leaders and churches around the
world. Before coming to Gateway, Zach taught, worked with
emotionally disabled young people, served as a youth and worship
pastor in several congregations, and directed the Christ For the
Nations Institute School of Worship and Technical Arts where he
trained worship ministers from over 50 countries. He is a seasoned
songwriter of many popular songs including the following:
Video of this Conversation:
- 2:18 - Throw Confetti and please add
the hashtag #dadawesome https://dadawesome.org/confetti/
- 2:25 - Throw Feedback https://dadawesome.org/feedback/
- 2:35 - Throw Some Powerful Prayers https://dadawesome.org/pray/
- 5:35 - "That's comforting to me knowing that God knows I'm
going to mess it up. And he still trusts me with some of his most
precious people." We're never going to get it right all the time.
Looking at the dads in the Bible...no one was a perfect dad.
- 6:40 - "I think we have to give ourselves a lot of grace and a
lot of mercy, but I don't think it's ever too late to really begin
ministering in your own house."
- 9:15 - Being a guardian of the doors in your household
- 12:11 - Story of Lot and Sodom and Gomorrah
- 13:42 - The history of entertainment industry and the greek god
- 16:03 - "So as I'm guarding the doors of my kids' hearts, and
I'm teaching them to guard the doors of their hearts, I'm asking
questions like this, 'What spirit is this entertaining?' Teach them
to ask, 'what spirit is this elevating? What spirit is this
welcoming?' Because if this is a door, I get to decide who I host,
who I invite, who I welcome and who I host. And everything is
entertaining to some spirit."
- 17:06 - What are we hosting in our home?
- 20:18 - Telling the story of watching a movie and realized how
it affected his kids in their sleep.
- 21:50 - How to close the doors to darkness once they have been
- 28:42 - How do we know our kids' hearts?
- 29:54 - Covenant
- 31:12 - "To me, heaven is not going to be paradise unless all
my kids are there. So to me, the most important pursuit in my life
is the pursuit of God."
- 33:03 - Zach's prayer