May 7, 2020
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. Thanks for helping us reach more dads by passing
along these resources:
Daily – Simply text “dad” to 77222 to begin
receiving a daily text message with prayers, Bible verses, dad tips
& other fatherhood inspiration.
Jeremy Shelton is a man on a mission to directly confront sexual
sin in the church today. He does so with the belief God is using
him to grab hold of those heading toward a slaughter. His new book:
UNMUZZLED, exposes the grip of sexual temptation and sin like never
before, and is set to be a game-changer for Christians in sexual
bondage. He no longer just claims to be a Christian; he's now
determined to go out and actually do what a Christ-follower does.
He and his wife of eighteen years have five children and live in
- 4:38 - Asking other dads, “How are you capturing your child’s
- 5:05 - The enemy is after our children
- 6:15 - How to connect with your child’s heart.
Intentionally turn off the job, stress, and be engaged
- 6:38 - Make a mental switch to turn off my concerns of the
world. “Lord am I ready to be a husband and a father?”
- 7:38 - Man Time with his son. Create a memorable moment.
- 9:10 - Pursuing his daughters - Daddy Dates.
- 10:40 - Sharing a dad fail.
- 13:21 - Where are you choosing to put extra focus now? Time. “I
am sacrificing business for time with my family.”
- 16:55 - Why take a “sabbatical day” away to hear from God.
- 19:00 - I liken a sabbatical to that. I go away every year for
my annual sabbatical to hear the Lord on what I’m called to do for
that year. It’s phenomenal when you get away to hear the Lord. My
mentor said, if Jesus had to get away to hear the Father, how much
- 24:52 - "God did not design men to struggle with this (sexual
sin). He designed us to stay away from it"
- 25:07 - "Your flesh is flammable. Sexual sin is fire"
- 25:20 - Proverbs 6:27 "Can a man scoop a flame into his lap and
not have his clothes catch on fire? ...Can a man take fire in his
bosom, and his garments not be burned?"
- 25:30 - 1 Corinthians 6:18 "Flee from sexual immorality. All
other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins
sexually, sins against their own body." ... Every other sin a
person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person
sins against his own body."
- Three Steps:
- 27:05 - James 1:15 "Then, after desire has conceived, it gives
birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to
- 27:33 - 68% of Christian men are living in sexual sin (Pure
- 28:00 - Prediction that 80% of church going men are looking at
- 28:30 - Story of being a Wet Match - "Today the church is
flooded with wet matches who have a little belief God is actually
going to show up in their lives. They sign up for or continue in
Christianity as more of a life insurance policy than a personal
relationship with God."
- 31:20 - Story of seeing Muzzles on men - they couldn't cry out
to the Lord. They couldn't praise God.
- 31:90 - Washing ourselves with "cheap grace" or grace without
- 32:40 - How many men would say that they are leading their
household as the spiritual leader of their home? I think the number
would be sickening. They can't.
- 33:12 - Matthew 12:29 "Or how can someone enter a strong man's
house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man?
Then indeed he may plunder his house."
- 34:10 - A dad stuck in sexual sin can't do anything to help his
kids who are stuck in pornography
- 34:20 - "it takes free people to free people"
- 34:50 - A dog with a muzzle can't eat, bark or bite
- 35:00 - Muzzled Men - “A Christian man in
sexual sin…is muzzled. This muzzle renders him passive and
powerless to participate in the Kingdom of God on this earth. It
prevents him from becoming the man, husband, father, and witness he
is called to be. This spiritual restraint mutes his connection to
God. Worse, it incapacitates him from fulfilling his God-given
- Can’t Bark - prevents him from becoming the man, husband,
father, and witness he is called to be
- Can’t Bite - passive and powerless
- Can’t Eat - his spiritual restraint mutes his connection to
- Deuteronomy 30:19 "This day I call the heavens and the earth as
witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death,
blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your
children may live"
- 41:05 - "God will never stop stop chasing you. If you're
heading towards destruction, you're following the enemy"
- 42:40 - Unmuzzled Book
- 43:12 - Jeremy's prayer