Dec 30, 2018
Jeff Zaugg explains the 50-week vision and heart for
dadAWESOME >> Live fully alive as we lead our kids to God’s
- Why call this podcast dadAWESOME?
- Who is this podcast for?
- What is the goal?
- Why should you take time to listen to this podcast?
1) Live Fully Alive
- It’s obvious when someone is really living
- John 10:10 “The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and
destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
(FULL and ABUNDANT)
- James 1:14-15 “Temptation comes from our own desires, which
entice us and drag us away.15 These desires give birth to sinful
actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to
- Living in wonder vs. wandering
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 "Do you not know that in a race all the
runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to
get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict
training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do
it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run
like someone running aimlessly
- Thriving vs. surviving
- St. Irenaeus of Lyons “the glory of God is man fully
- Chariots of Fire > Eric Liddell was a devout Christian who
represented Scotland and he said “I believe God made me for a
purpose, but He also made me fast. And when I run, I feel His
2) Take Leadership at Home (Archeologist)
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 "Stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always
give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord”
- It’s the job of an Archeologist to “Uncover”… to “Discover”… To
“Unearth what is already there”
- Archeologist are not creators. They simply discover what’s
- God has created your children.
- Enjoy the prayerful exhilarating role of being Archeologists as
you uncover and celebrate God’s goodness in your children.
- Celebrate along the way as you discover more and more of the
dreams God has placed in them and the passions and desires of their
3) Point to God’s Awesomeness (Tour Guide)
- Psalms 78:4 "We will not hide these truths from our children;
we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the
LORD, about his power and his mighty wonders."
- We as parents NEED TO tell our children about answered prayers,
ways God has provided, stories of God’s faithfulness
- Deuteronomy 6 "(5) you must love the LORD your God with all
your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. (6) And you must
commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands I am giving you
today. (7) Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about
them when you are at home and when you are away on a journey, when
you are lying down and when you are getting up again."
Episodes 1 through 10 with the Zaugg Family Values