Feb 3, 2022
I'm trying to reawaken something inside you. I'm trying to
reawaken something that was lost. And this is who you are and and
this is trying to stop it. Keep going. Keep hunting. Do it...
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook
Seth Dahl is a writer and worldwide speaker to adults and
children. He is known for his powerful wisdom communicated through
a contagious joy and childlikeness. Seth and Lauren love to empower
families to build a strong connection that fosters peace and
creates a thriving family culture. Seth, Lauren and their three
children homestead with a large garden and handful of animals on a
small farm in Texas.
With over 15 years experience working with children and being a
children’s pastor, Seth has cultivated a passion to help parents
create a thriving family culture at home. Sometimes parenting is
overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be! Seth and Lauren love being
able to equip people with the practical and spiritual tools they
need to create the thriving family culture they’ve always dreamed
- Previous Seth Dahl Interviews on dadAWESOME
- 137 | Spirit-Filled
Parenting, Hearing God’s Voice, & Shaping our Kids as Arrows (Seth
- 151 | Raising
Spirit-Led Kids Part 2 (Seth Dahl)
- 5:09 - South Austin State Park for hiking and seeing the
Falls State Park
- 6:34 - "what am I taking my focus off of?"
- 7:06 - "I want to get my focus off of all the extra stuff right
- 7:48 - "What's what's the most priceless valuable thing that we
have? The presence of God, right? And God is not distracted. God is
not unfocused. I think he's far more present to us than we are to
him, and we only discover his presence when we become present with
him as well"
- 9:00 - "My focus is on becoming focused on being more present
and unfocused on all the extra stuff"
- 11:43 - "I think we need to push back on this a little bit and
we need to go, Hey, let's get outside. Let's let's climb the tree,
build a little treehouse platform..."
- 12:49 "Every time I go hunting, there are so many opportunities
for me to receive shame. So, you know, hunting is very connected to
being a man, being a provider...."
- 15:27 - "So on the plane, I'm just like. Here I come, Lord, and
I go to him and he's like, look, don't don't throw this out. I'm
trying to reawaken something inside you. I'm trying to reawaken
something that was lost. And this is who you are and and this is
trying to stop it. Keep going. Keep hunting. Do it..."
- 19:42 - "Kids need to explore dangerous stuff safely."
- 20:56 - "Why My Kids Will Lead Yours" -- It's a school in
Switzerland that allows children to use real knives, real blades.
- 21:00 - Seth explains the process of teaching his kids to
safely use a knife