Mar 11, 2021
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Dean and his wife Lisa have 2 daughters and a son-in-law and
they live in the west metro of the Twin Cities. He leads the
ministry Men of The Kingdom and his personal mission is to glorify
God by participating in the advancement of his Kingdom by equipping
and encouraging the next generation of moral leaders in the
(Matthew 6:33, 1 Corinthians 10:31, 2 Timothy 2:2, 1 Peter
5:2-4, Matthew 28:19-20, Hebrews 10:24-25)
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how
the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done
them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the
arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who
strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again,
because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who
does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms,
the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at
the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who
at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so
that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who
neither know victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt
FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS
Registration is NOW OPEN for the FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS
100-mile bike rides.
—MINNEAPOLIS, MN — August 28th, 2021
— DENVER, CO — September 18th, 2021
— PHILADELPHIA, PA — October 2nd, 2021
— NEW YORK, NY — October 9th,
— PHOENIX, AZ — November 20th, 2021
Register Here: https://f4f.bike/
- 3:20 - Quote from Edmund Burke, "The only thing necessary for
the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
- 4:47 - In response to this quote from Edmund Burke - pressing
into the ownership of the space God has put in front of us. "This
is my space and God's given us a space to....we got to have
ownership of that and step forward. And we have kingdom power, so
we should be stepping forward and utilizing that kingdom
- 5:04 - "The man in the arena" - speech by Teddy Roosevelt
- every dad is a man in the arena.
- 5:42 - Beliefs passed down from his parents - that the future
is good and we have a good Heavenly Father. Drawing out the best in
him and projecting that into the future.
- 6:33 - "That which we focus on tends to multiply....find the
best parts of your spouse or the best parts of your kid and focus
on those because they'll tend to expand. Either in your vision but
also in your life."
- 8:18 - Sharing with his girls: "I will always love you. I
will always be your dad. Jesus will always love you. We will always
- 10:08 - The emotional bank account - word bank account inside
our kids. Affirmations are deposits and criticism is a
- 11:46 - Why repetition is important when it comes to speaking
- 12:26 - Setting up a foundation to be able to recognize when a
relationship is right, this is what it feels like.
- 14:02 - Sharing a not-so-awesome dad moment.
- 15:12 - The best thing I can do for my girls is to love my wife
and respect my wife and honor her, no matter what our relationship
is doing, I'm called to sacrifice and love my wife, period.
- 15:08- Speck management vs Log work - focusing on the small
flaws or failures of other people, focus on yourself.
- 22:10 - "CS Lewis talked about the God-like patchwork. He said,
the revealed word is like, we're walking in this dense wooded
forest. And every once in a while, the sunlight breaks through the
canopy. And I think God's word is like that."
- 24:34 - On why the local church is so important. "AW Tozer
talks about in The
Pursuit of God , that we should have an authentic relationship
based on an experience, not hearsay, with God the Father, God the
son and God the Holy spirit. And the local church gives us a chance
to do that."
- 25:33 - Why he volunteered in the kids ministry.