Apr 7, 2022
"We have to break the spirit, disciple these kids and send them
on risky, crazy adventures so that they can get their own stories
so they can keep telling the miraculous amazingness of how good and
amazing our Father is."
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook
Gary and Lisa Black have been married for nearly two
Raising their blended family from pre-school to now adults with
their own families. When they married, Lisa was a young widow with
two young daughters, and Gary lost his first marriage and took full
custody of his three small boys. When they married, their sixth
treasured child, Noah, was quickly added.
In 2013, the tragic suicide of their 19-year-old son Michael
Ryan Black threatened to silence the Black's voice through grief
and despair, yet only furthered their resolve to fight for those
who feel lost and unseen amongst the chaos of a broken world. Their
past and future journeys of overcoming the loss of loved ones would
turn out to be the gift and calling of their lives together.
Together, Gary and Lisa-Marie have not only raised a family, but
travel the world to teach, impart and mentor the generation that
they have vowed to serve.
The Blacks have invested their time, hearts, and lives into
thousands of people through their coaching, mentoring, writing, and
speaking to the World Race and G42 Leadership Academy. The Blacks
believe with passion that we were all born to be loved by our
Creator, and impart that message to those who find themselves stuck
in religion, shame, and life's challenges.
- 2:50 - The phrase "Horrible. Wonderful."
- 2:58 - Richard Roar quote; "pain that is not transformed gets
- 3:27 "I started studying initiation of young men and what that
actually looks like because America is the only country that
hasn't. And then, you know, reading his (Richard Roar's) book
Adam's Return, The Five Promises of Male Initiation
- 4:35 - "How are you going to hold that? If you're allowing God
to transform that pain in you and wound your wounds? You're going
to handle a good call, a bad call to say it's not going to throw
you off emotionally."
- 5:15 - Gary's story
- 15:43 - Gary sharing the story of his son dying
- 21:38 - Further explanation around anesthetizing and numbing
- 22:04 - "I challenged him, are you just replacing one numbness
to another numbness, something that you could just do so you're not
left alone in your thoughts?"
- 22:45 - "Father. Let this hit my spirit, not my soul."
- 24:30 "every single morning I've learned to work from rest. I
don't need the weekend. I don't need the vacation. I mean, those
those things are awesome. But every single one"
- The BEMA Podcast - https://www.bemadiscipleship.com/
- 27:20 "If you can get to that spot and say because He's good
and I'm good, I was born to be loved. I wasn't born to be right. I
was born to be loved. "
- 28:08 - The Stages: The lover... the warrior, the sage. The
- 29:15 - Four YouTube Videos - A Fatherless Generation
- Fathering, Mothering, & Parenting | Fatherlessness Epidemic Part
- Who is a teacher and who is a Father | Part 2
- Fall out of Fatherlessness | Fatherlessness Epidemic Part
- How to Break the Curse of Fatherlessness | Fatherlessness Epidemic Part
- 31:17 - The Differences of the BOY verses the MAN
- 33:19 - Boys look for momentary pleasures and men look for true
lasting fulfillment. They build memories.
- Unpunishable: Ending Our Love Affair with Punishment
by Danny Silk
- 36:52 - "If I'm going to punish my kids and send him to his
room, I'm teaching him to be better at me and sit in his anger. No,
I'm going to go with him. And after his punishment has been 30
minutes of just what they love, right? If they're young kids, we've
just got to shift our thinking as parents that, yes, discipline.
But yeah, we love you even more."
- 37:37 - Malachi 4:5-6 "He will turn the hearts of the parents
to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents;
or else I will come and strike the land with total
- 41:07 - "We have to break the spirit, disciple these kids and
send them on risky, crazy adventures so that they can get their own
stories so they can keep telling the miraculous amazingness of how
good and amazing our Father is."
Links from Gary Black
Links from dadAWESOME