May 20, 2021
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Tim Burt & Danny Gutierrez
Thankful for this father-in-law / son-in-law conversation about
intentional fatherhood. More about Danny.
More about Tim.
FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS
Registration is NOW OPEN for the FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS
100-mile bike rides.
—MINNEAPOLIS, MN — August 28th, 2021
— DENVER, CO — September 18th, 2021
— PHILADELPHIA, PA — October 2nd, 2021
— NEW YORK, NY — October 16th, 2021
— PHOENIX, AZ — November 20th, 2021
Register Here: https://f4f.bike/
- 1:24 - Episode 16
- Danny Gutierrez. Episode 23 - Tim Burt.
Episode 69 - Renee
Burt & Stephanie Gutierrez.
- 2:25 - "Affirmation is a powerful biblical encouragement for us
to participate and to encourage one another and to lift up one
- 3:53 - Tim - "I just always exhorted her, always encouraged
her. I always encouraged that she could do those things that were
on her heart. And and I think Stephanie would probably say that the
affirmation she's received over the years is it's been a real
strength in her development."
- 5:24 - Tim's daughter Stephanie, "My dad not only loved me, but
he liked me."
- 8:02 - "We get to step into being what maybe we didn't receive
and that we didn't have modeled for us."
- 12:28 - Tim talks about the benefit of listening and drawing
out connection from his kids and how he wishes he would have done
- 15:45 - Advocating for a special needs child
- 19:24 - The multiplication effect when you're learning for
- 20:22 - Tim - "Pay attention to how God uses you and just go
- 21:19 - Tim - "People are all good at different things, and
it's just not something you're good at. It's something that God can
take to another level."
- 24:51 - Tim - "If you will just make a commitment to do
something, you're going to find out what you shouldn't be doing and
what you're absolutely not good or gifted at. And you're going to
discover the things that you are gifted and you're good at. And the
discovery is part of the whole thing. But it doesn't happen without
taking some kind of a commitment, and as a pastor, I'm going to say
God wants you to commit to serve in the local church because it's
not for the church, it's for you. It's all about him developing
- 26:50 - Danny - "Be intentional with your interest, because I
think right now we live in a world where everything's asking for it
and we give it away so easily... And I think if when we put
interest in our kids and what they're interested in and what their
hopes and dreams are and what some of their, what they like to do
and what's going through their little minds or what season of life
they're in, when we give intentional interest to that, I think it
becomes molding us into the kind of dads they need us to be in
those particular seasons.
- 28:17 - Tim - "And if you will just be very conscientious about
asking God for help all day long, every day, you'll constantly be
taking off some of the burdens of fear or inadequacy or anything
else that you're facing in your life. And all I would say is just
try to remember some of the things you asked because he answers a
whole lot more things than you're paying attention to. And if you'd
pay attention to him, you'd know how much he works in your life,
which is the proof of how much he loves you. And he would be so
much more real to you."