Oct 8, 2020
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Banning Liebscher is a pastor, speaker, and author. Along with
his wife, SeaJay, he founded Jesus Culture, a ministry of worship,
conferences, and leadership development. In 2014, they planted
Jesus Culture Sacramento, a local church in California with a
passion to see people fully engaged in becoming who God has called
them to be and to do what God has called them to do. Find out more
at jesusculture.com. Banning’s passion is to see a generation of
revivalists raised up who have encountered the extravagant love of
Jesus and have given themselves for worldwide revival. He and his
wife have three children, Ellianna, Raya, and Lake.
Here's the full conversation with Banning on Episode 126:
- We are most alive when we are dreaming
- 3:20 - "When I stop dreaming, when I stop allowing my heart to
really dream about things that apart from God are impossible, I not
longer kind of lean in, I begin to lean back. I don't engage, I
disengage. And I would say the greatest thing in the world you
could do for your kids is to be a dreamer that's pursuing what God
has in your life."
- 3:53 - "So I think our kids seeing us pursue the dreams that
are in our heart is a really critical part of our fathering and
discipling of them."
- Trusting God with the Hearts of our kids:
- 4:20 - A story of trusting God with his kids
- 5:45 - "God I trust you with the hearts of my kids. I trust
that you have what's best for them"
- Brotherhood & Friendships
- 7:48 - "At the end of the day, what we know is this: any area
of my life that has blessed, any area of my life that has wisdom
attached to it, any area of my life that has fruit attached to it,
it's because other people have joined me in it."
- 8:50 - "When I stand before God one day, [He's going to say] I
didn't just require your best, I require your best and the best of
these people I put around you, so when it comes to father I think
the reality is our best ins't good enough - that's really never
meant to be good enough. It' snot just my best I'm bringing
to the is equation, it's my best and it's the best of...these men
that pour into my life, that walk with me, that then allows me to
be a good father."
- 9:35 - "When I allow myself to be isolated, when I allow myself
to be independent, when i allow myself to think that I just should
be able to do this on my own and I don't need anybody speaking into
my life or challenging me or encouraging me, well I just want to
say that your best isn't good enough...God didn't set it up that
- 9:54 - "God didn't set it up where...it's just you and nobody
else, you just give it your best. He's like, I put a whole family
around you and I'm bringing those strengths into your life so that
you can accomplish what I've asked you to accomplish and raise
- 10:14 - "There's not one area of my life that hasn't been
touched by the strength of other and that's why it has a measure of
success to it.