Jul 2, 2020
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS
- Join a team of 100 dads biking 100 miles and
raising $100,000 for the fatherless locally and
- OUR MISSION: End fatherlessness globally.
Every child with a man they can call father. (Malachi 4:6a “He will
turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of
the children to their parents”)
- VISION: We ignite a father’s calling by
connecting him body and soul with the cause of the fatherless and
the heart of the Father. FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS will change
your life by forcing you to look past yourself. We’re going to push
ourselves, cycling 100 miles, in response to our Heavenly Father’s
heart for the Fatherless.
- DATE: Saturday, August 29, 2020
- MORE INFO: http://bit.ly/F4F2020
Wayne and Claudene, who he calls “Classy”, have been married for
20 years and have two beautiful teenage daughters, Haleigh and
Ryleigh. Wayne loves to cycle and takes great pleasure in turning
any floor into a dance floor. Wayne and Claudene Francis lead the
New York location of The Life Church.
- 1:24 - DA Foundations - 4-Hours of Intentional
Fatherhood - We're hosting the 3rd round of DA Foundations and it's
a Zoom online cohort on Thursdays (starts a week from tomorrow)
from 9-10pm. This is a FREE 4-week group that unpacks the 4 keys to
adding LIFE to the dad life. You've got to register and we're
asking all the dads who join us to try to attend at least 3 out of
the 4 dates... Here's the
outline of the content and the RSVP form. Please register by
- 1:50 - FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS -
- 2:45 - DA DAILY - we are focussing the 31
days of July on Dad Wisdom from the 31 chapters of
Proverbs. If you want to join us for a daily text,
just text "dad" to the number 77222
- 6:47 - Plants and
Pillars message on Father’s day - Psalm 144:12 - May our sons
flourish... like well-nurtured plants. May our daughters be like
- 7:50 - “Great daughters and great sons are not called out, they
are carved out,...which means that you’re chiseling something over
time and your polishing and finessing, so it’s a work of art when
you’re a dad that happens as a process of time.”
- 8:28 - “Asking a question is better than making a statement.
Questions shape character more than just statements.”
- 9:05 - How he has chosen to parent differently from his dad,
and what he has done the same.
- 10:46 - Experiencing “reverse intimacy” with his father.
- 13:21 - Mistake when parenting his daughters
- 15:45 - Exposing our kids to the pain of the world so that they
can develop a heart of empathy. Having conversations about justice
with our kids.
- 16:48 - “I think it’s very important right now to give your
children the capacity to see beauty and diversity. That their
relationships are flourishing from a very young age with kids that
are of a different color. That they are getting to see exactly what
it looks like to be in a multiplicity of cultural diversity that’s
going to impact the type of humans they’ll be two or three
generations down the road.”
- 17:29 - Diversifying books and resources from a young age
- 18:40 - Talking to his kids about how to react when
experiencing micro aggression
- 19:55 - “The condition of the soul is always at the tip of the
- 20:45 - Zoom fatigue analogy for having conversations around
- 23:52 - Discussing injustice. “Your kids will never react to
what they don’t see you reacting to.”
- 24:41 - “Black fist white knuckles” sermon series.
- 25:36 - “I’m trying to raise pillars not pillows.”
- 27:04 - “Love doesn’t get laryngitis.”
- 28:23- How to be an ally.
- 29:40 - “You need to be the type of man that you’re going to be
happy walking your daughter down the aisle to. Because you are the
only one that’s going to shape that image.”
- 30:35 - “Daughters and sons don’t grow in bad soil...am I the
type of man that I would want my daughters hanging out with if
there was nobody else around?”
- 31:11 - Wayne’s prayer for dads.