Jun 18, 2020
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS
- Join a team of 100 dads biking 100 miles and
raising $100,000 for the fatherless locally and
- OUR MISSION: End fatherlessness globally.
Every child with a man they can call father. (Malachi 4:6a “He will
turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of
the children to their parents”)
- VISION: We ignite a father’s calling by
connecting him body and soul with the cause of the fatherless and
the heart of the Father. FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS will change
your life by forcing you to look past yourself. On the one weekend
when it’s easiest to sit home and consume, we’re going to push
ourselves, cycling 100 miles, in response to our Heavenly Father’s
heart for the Fatherless.
- DATE: Saturday, August 29, 2020
- MORE INFO: http://bit.ly/F4F2020
Banning Liebscher is a pastor, speaker, and author. Along with
his wife, SeaJay, he founded Jesus Culture, a ministry of worship,
conferences, and leadership development. In 2014, they planted
Jesus Culture Sacramento, a local church in California with a
passion to see people fully engaged in becoming who God has called
them to be and to do what God has called them to do. Find out more
at jesusculture.com. Banning’s passion is to see a generation of
revivalists raised up who have encountered the extravagant love of
Jesus and have given themselves for worldwide revival. He and his
wife have three children, Ellianna, Raya, and Lake.
- 3:30 - "I think that we are called to pour our life into what
will be left behind...I'm convinced that what will be left behind
is not structures we built, not things we implemented, but just
people that we fathered - that's what's going to be left
- 3:51 - "I feel like I am to bring my life to the next
generation and lay it down for them and give it to them."
- 4:44 - Dads being dreamers vs. Dads settling
- 5:45 - "When I stop dreaming, when I stop allowing my heart to
really dream about things that apart from God are impossible, I not
longer kind of lean in, I begin to lean back. I don't engage, I
disengage. And I would say the greatest thing in the world you
could do for your kids is to be a dreamer that's pursuing what God
has in your life."
- 6:17 - "So I think our kids seeing us pursue the dreams that
are in our heart is a really critical part of our fathering and
discipling of them."
- 7:02 - "I think what we do comes out of who we are, and that we
can't be defined by what we do."
- 7:14 - We have a call to "be" which is our IDENTITY and we have
a call to "do" which is our MISSION.
- 8:03 - Challenging dads to not settle for anything less than
the fullness of God in your life.
- 10:12 - "As long as you move at the speed of obedience, and as
long as you move with the speed of community and covering, then
you'll never be off, and even when you are off a little bit there
will be grace because your heart is to be in this lane."
- 12:20 - Banning's new book -
The Three Mile Walk:The Courage to Live the Life God Wants for
- 12:43 - Family moments during quarantine
- 14:34 - Dad hacks to stay connected to the kids traveling
- 15:01 - "My kids are going to sacrifice for who I am and and
the call on my life, but they also need to benefit and be blessed
- 15:54 - "Whatever you do, like what I do to provide for the
family has some cost involved, but I also want to make sure that
there's blessing involved and that my kids are connected to
it..make sure blessing is connected to the sacrifice as well and
that it's not just sacrifice, it's not just that dad's gone."
- 18:07 - A story of trusting God with his kids
- 20:59 - "At the end of the day, what we know is this: any area
of my life that has blessed, any area of my life that has wisdom
attached to it, any area of my life that has fruit attached to it,
it's because other people have joined me in it."
- 22:03 - "When I stand before God one day, [He's going to say] I
didn't just require your best, I require your best and the best of
these people I put around you, so when it comes to father I think
the reality is our best ins't good enough - that's really never
meant to be good enough. It' snot just my best I'm bringing
to the is equation, it's my best and it's the best of...these men
that pour into my life, that walk with me, that then allows me to
be a good father."
- 22:46 - "When I allow myself to be isolated, when I allow
myself to be independent, when i allow myself to think that I just
should be able to do this on my own and I don't need anybody
speaking into my life or challenging me or encouraging me, well I
just want to say that your best isn't good enough...God didn't set
it up that way."
- 23:09 - "God didn't set it up where...it's just you and nobody
else, you just give it your best. He's like, I put a whole family
around you and I'm bringing those strengths into your life so that
you can accomplish what I've asked you to accomplish and raise
- 23:26 - "There's not one area of my life that hasn't been
touched by the strength of other and that's why it has a measure of
success to it."
- 23:38 -
The Three Mile Walk:The Courage to Live the Life God Wants for
You - Banning Liebscher
- 25:47 - "Those that are fully alive are the ones that are fully
engaged to the call of God to be and to do."
- 26:51 - "If you're listening to this podcast I can only imagine
then that you have a desire to be a great father. Being a great
father takes a massive amount of courage...facing the things you
have to face internally, looking at your weaknesses and trying to
grow, saying God I want to be more patient...but if I'm going to be
who God's called me to be as a father, it requires me to be
- 28:10 - Reinhardt Bonnke's book,
"Living a Life of Fire"
- 30:51 - When I had my first kid, I realized the greatest think
I'll ever do with my life is raise this kid, and it's the hardest
thing I've ever done hands down. Hands down being a dad is the
hardest thing I have ever done and it has challenged me in ways I
didn't even know I could be challenged. It is scary, it is
vulnerable, it is raw, and by far the best thing I've ever done and
the greatest legacy I'll leave."