Apr 23, 2020
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. Thanks for helping us reach more dads by passing
along these resources:
Join dadAWESOME Daily - Simply text
"dad" to 77222 to begin receiving a daily text message with
prayers, Bible verses, dad tips & other fatherhood inspiration.
After thirteen years of playing professional basketball all over
the world, Moses is now the Senior Assistant to Athletic Director
at Oral Robert University. Moses and Sarah have 5 kids. Living the
DREAM one moment at a time. 🇺🇸 🇨🇳 🇪🇸 🇻🇪 🇩🇪 🇯🇵 🇲🇦 🇶🇦 🇫🇷 🇷🇺 🇺🇸
- 6:36 - How do you talk to your
kids about inner beauty?
- 7:43 - He has enrolled his son in “Gentleman’s
- 8:49 - “What time is it? It’s right now. Where are you at?
You’re right here. What do you have? You only have this moment. We
try to take advantage of the present moment with our kids.”
Be in the moment and present as much as possible with our kids
- 11:45 - As a dad, it is our job to mimic the qualities Jesus
had on earth so our kids can know what God is like “God loves me,
God protects me, God thinks I’m special….I mean the world to God.
This is the most important part of parenting.”
- 14:00 - We are called to be great because he has placed
greatness in us but with placing that greatness in us the greatest
loss in life is when something great inside you dies while you are
still alive. In order to tap into that greatness and pull it out:
trust, obedience and support... Prov. 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord
with all your heart - and he will direct your paths. He will direct
your paths in parenting.
- The greatness that we’ve been given as parents is just being
great parents. How do we do that? We trust in God.
- 15:15 - Obedience. When God tells us to do things, we need to
obey even if we don’t understand it.
- 16:40 - As parents we need support and need to stay lifted and
- 17:15 - It’s the support system (podcasts, friends from church,
communities) that help lift you up and get that head trash out of
your mind so that way you can live your best life and be the best
parent that God has called you to be.
- 18:41 - Speaking life. Thinking life. Our words have
- 19:31 - “Control your thoughts, control your words, because
they will become who you are and your habits.”
- 19:50 - Gentlemen’s university - protect girls emotionally and
physically - speak life
- 21:38 - Having emotional flexibility - whenever negative
thoughts come in, don’t pay heed to them. Speak three positive
things to get that negative trash out of your mind.
- 24:33 - Chosen
- 25:15 - Seeing the glass half full in the midst of a pandemic.
How can we see the good in what is happening right now?
- 27:34 - Instagram @mosesehambe
- 28:14 - Moses’ prayer for his kids: “God help us to love each
of our children the way that they feel loved”
- 29:35 - “With us as dads, before we can pour into our kids we
need to get filled, before we can pour out we need to be filled as