Dec 16, 2021
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Zack Curry is the Lead Pastor at Jesus Culture San Diego. Zack
experienced a significant move of God in high school that marked
his life forever. His passion is to see love released on campuses
and see schools transformed by God. For the past 15 years Zack’s
ministered to high school and college students, raising them up as
leaders heading into all areas of society to see cultural
transformation. He is passionate about community and family. He
believes healthy people and thriving relationships are the true
measure of success. He leads from a desire to see lives and cities
transformed by an encounter with Jesus. Zack and his wife Melissa
delight in their three wonderful daughters.
60-Day Fitness Challenge
JOIN the 60-Day
- Episode 83 - https://dadawesome.org/episode83/
- 6:21 - "For me, as a father, it's prioritizing that role, this
sacred role, privilege of being a father"
- 7:21 - "This is a sacred call, an honor. And to you have to
- 8:41 - "one of my indicators and the lights that come on for me
is when I get frustrated or angry"
- 10:56 - "as a dad, I care for my kids deeply and I'm in
scenarios where I actually don't know what to do. So I feel out of
control. And so then my default is frustration"
- 18:58 - "We love the concept of adventure. But I think for a
lot of us in our own lives, the unknown can paralyze us and keep us
where we know we're safe, we have control..."
- 20:36 - "we could just sit here all day and tell stories of why
do we believe God's real? Because we've seen it in our life over
and over when we couldn't do it in the big and the small way?"
- 22:07 - "we want to do it for them or fix it or solve it when
you know we can actually help guide them through and say, Hey, OK,
is that is that true? Is like, what is God say about that? And then
like, Hey, we're like teaching them to bring it to God, invite God
and teach them to say, OK, yeah, it is impossible from you can't do
it. But what would happen if God helped you like? Then it becomes
these, you know, like in the Old Testament, where you have these
memorial stones that you build and say, Oh, OK, and you're and
you're along their journey teaching them to say, Hey, remember when
God did this for you? Not for me? They're watching us. But you're
like, Maybe when you did that for you, that's a memorial stone in
your journey. Look back..."
- 23:40 - "one of the values for me with my daughters is to be
connected to their heart. So like, so they feel I just want them to
always be able to talk to me"
- 25:22 - "teaching them to dream a little bit bigger, not just
settle with, OK, yeah, what? What's the truth? What does God
- 27:06 - "we did this challenge. There were four parts to it. We
said, Hey, we want to build a rhythm of adventure, which is like
taking care of our soul for us individually and for us, for our
kids. We're like, Hey. So it's kind of broken up into a weekly,
monthly, quarterly and then yearly."
- 27:30 - once a week, go on an adventure
- 27:48 - monthly, go do an overnight or full day type of
- 28:05 - quarterly is like planned, like an adventure that is
- 28:13 - a once a year epic kind of trip
- 33:56 - "this is probably my philosophy on parenthood. And, you
know, as a dad is just invited to be a part of it. So we just we
were outside of a need, you know, for anything healing provision,
any of those areas we teach our girls that God is good, that he's
powerful, that he you know, he. He's alive and moving like these
are truths that are true in every season. Good, bad, hard..."
- 37:21 - do the work to grow, to go deeper... Don't run away
from the hard things or not to label it as failure or yourself is
failure. But listen, we have this is the kingdom of God."
- 38:13 - "Don't run away from it. Dive into that because in it,
your pain, your weakness actually...Paul said that his power is
made perfect and our weakness"