Dec 9, 2018
This second part of the Moment Maker Dads conversation with
Carlos Whittaker explores waking ourselves up to living our life
rather than letting life live you.
- To disturb and disrupt will be the place we are most
- Why don't we disturb and disrupt ourselves on purpose so that
we can continue to grow and mature.
- In order to show our kids wonder, we must go backwards and slow
- The power of a "Pause" - what am I not noticing around me?
- Look at the life of Jesus - how was he a moment maker?
- Jesus created moments for people on purpose
- In order to create moments for other people, we must first
receive moments from God
- Pause, slow down and rest to lower the volume of life
- How many stories (the amount of data) am I listening to in the
first 5-minutes of my day?
- Massively limit screen time (It’s always easier to add more
then to take it away)
- SPIES acronym:
- Showing our kids more what it looks like to be like Jesus
Carlos on Facebook
Carlos on Instagram
Carlos on Twitter
More about Carlos Whittaker:
Carlos Whittaker is a People’s Choice Award winner, a former
recording artist signed to a major label, a social media maven, and
currently spends the majority of his time writing books and
speaking on stages around the world. It really began when the
Whittaker’s found their family in America’s spotlight with
appearances on shows like CBS Early Morning, The Today Show and
more when their viral video “Single Ladies Devastation” went viral.
But for Carlos, his wife Heather and their three children, this
viral moment was just a snapshot of the bigger picture.