Nov 24, 2019
As we approach episode 100, we're asking for 5-minutes of your
time. Would you please out this FEEDBACK FORM to share your
perspective, feedback and ideas to make dadAWESOME better?
Thanks so much >> click here to complete the 100-week
As 17-year veterans of Cru, David and Meg Robbins have served in
a variety of capacities, including team leaders in Pisa, Italy,
campus directors at the University of Georgia, national director of
Campus Field Ministries in campuses across Alabama, Florida,
Georgia and Mississippi, national facilitator launching Cru’s
Millennials Ministry in NYC, and now President of FamilyLife since
2017. They live in Little Rock, AR with their four
children—Ford, Mim, Roe and Mac.
- 3:00 - David introduces himself and his family
- 3:45 - David explains his job at FamilyLife and their moves as
a family around the country
- 3:50 - Joshua 1:16 "Then they answered Joshua, “Whatever you
have commanded us we will do, and wherever you send us we will
- 5:35 - David explains the mission and vision for
- passport to
- 6:20 - "Transformed people end up transforming other
- 7:45 - The focus on being present with his kids
- 8:30 - Asking questions to engage your kids hearts and pull
something out of your kids
- 9:12 - "Be present and be ok delighting in the hilarious
- 9:30 - Asking a 3rd question. Was there anything today that
made you angry or upset or emotional?
- 11:20. The manifesto statement bout fathers from FamilyLife:
"...We are committed to turning the hearts of fathers back to their
children by emphasizing the importance of their role as “father.”
We are committed to exhorting every father to model a love for God
and His Word, to model love for his wife, and to love his children.
(Malachi 4:6; Ephesians 6:4; Colossians 3:20-21; Deuteronomy 6:4-9;
1 Timothy 3:4-5, 5:8)"
- 12:03 - An absent father does not start with being absent. It
starts when passivity starts to take over..."
- 12:30 - "If we stay stepping in and reject passivity, leading
courageously, leading spiritually, the ripple effect is
- 14:15 - David talks about his father
- 16:00 - David explains his tendency for trying to earn love by
being an overachiever and win people‘s approval
- 18:05 - "The purpose of life is intimacy with God and He values
character over competence every time. He values presence over
performance all the time. Us encountering His presence."
- 18:45 - Asking the powerful question, "I would be more
satisfied if _______"
- 20:30 - "God uses us in our weakness. His power is made perfect
in our weakness"
- 20:45 - "If dependance is the goal, then weakness is actually
- Hosea 2
- 22:30 - David explains his Sabbath
- 24:20 - Seeing life with eyes of wonder through their
- 25:40 - David unpacking his not so awesome dad fail
- 26:50 - Story about trying to keep up appearances and hurting
his kids because of his focus on his own reputation
- 29:06. - David explains his family decision making framework
for big decisions
- 30:20 - Write down a core set of values and put it in a Ziploc
bag and pray over it in the shower for a few months.
- 32:00 - the significant question of "Am I surrendered?"
- 32:15 - John chapter 15:5. Am I abiding? “I am the vine; you
are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear
much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
- 33:16 - David’s prayer:
You're Invited - Episode 100 Party
- Thursday, December 5th Trampoline Dodgeball and
- RSVP here