Mar 17, 2019
Brad Griffin joins dadAWESOME for part 3 of our Screens,
Smartphones and Social Media theme. Brad is the Director of the
Fuller Youth Institute, where he develops research-based training
for youth workers and parents. He recently coauthored Every
Parent's Guide to Navigating our Digital World.
- Don't miss these moments
- Phase research from Orange - Phase Guides are an 18-part series of
concise and interactive journal-style books that simplify what
parents need to know about each phase of a kid’s life and give them
the opportunity to discover more about their children—so they can
make the most of every phase.
- The delicate dance of knowing when to help his daughter and
when to just listen and do nothing
- I can rest when I am older. If it means I am going to sleep a
little less to play that game or spend that extra time with my kids
now, I’ll rest later.
- We need to ask for help - ask others for help... don't parent
- Let’s move beyond treating technology as the enemy
- Digital natives vs. digital immigrants.
- The similarities between a school lunch room and the digital
- Let’s prioritize the relationship and keep the relationship in
the center and don’t let media get in the center.
10 Things Every Parent Should Know About Gaming
Every Parent's Guide to Navigating our Digital World