Feb 17, 2022
40 new experiences; things I've never done in my life... Instead
of moving towards comfort and rhythms and things I've already done
before, I am intentionally adding new things because I want to stay
curious. I want to be a learner... I want to stay humble. I want to
be in this growth mindset.
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook
Jeff and Michelle Zaugg will celebrate 16 years of marriage this
coming July. They currently live in a 37 foot RV with their 4 young
daughters. After 10-years of entrepreneurial non-profit ministry
leadership, Jeff served as a pastor at Substance Church in the Twin
Cities for the past 7 years. In Fall 2020 Jeff took the leap and
went full-time fatherhood ministry. He is the founder and lead
cheerleader at dadAWESOME & FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS. When he’s
not wrestling or playing hide and seek with his daughters, you
might find Jeff out for a bike ride, making a pour over coffee,
sitting by a fire with his wife or challenging some friends to a
game of Spikeball.
- :49 - if you missed the last two weeks episode 211 and 212 Seth Dahl
- 1:36 - I turned 40 a few days ago and I've actually been off
social media for the past 40 days... an anticipation season, trying
to narrow my focus, spend time with my family, try to push away
- 01:58 - Today as we drop this episode run day 98 of the
dadAWESOME RV tour, we're in Orlando, Florida right now and so
grateful we are still traveling...
- 2:28 - "I think in general, as I get older and as most of us
dads get a little older, it is easy to play it safe and to
- 3:01 - STORY about the RIP TIDE -- Byron Bay, Australia
- 6:31 - "The reason I shared this Riptide story in Byron Bay,
Australia, is, I think at the age of 40 at the age... at every
single new season, new chapter we can. If we're not careful, we
will end up being drawn and we will drift and be pulled in the
direction of the world. In the direction of comfort, in the
direction of of more is better. In the direction of this is just
the direction we get pulled in the next phase. More busyness, more
hustle. And I think intentionality requires us to fight against the
pull that we're drawn towards."
- 7:43 - I've decided to take on what I call THE INTENTIONAL
FORTY. It's a challenge. The Intentional Forty - https://dadawesome.org/intentional/
- 7:53 - "My girls right now this season of my life, they can
notice they're old enough now to notice Where's dad's focus? Where
where am I running after? What am I? What am I putting extra energy
towards? And do they see me coasting and drifting and being drawn
in the direction of every other dad? Or do they see a dad who with
courage says, I'm going to chart a different course?"
- 8:53 - "My girls, when they turn 40, are going to know that
their dad put emphasis on these four areas, and the intentional 40
just gives a practical reason to get intentional in these four
- 9:04 - "So 10 of my 40 experiences are going to be with my
- 9:36 - "Ten of these experiences are with my daughters."
- 11:00 - "The next 10 are with friends, so I've friendships are
so important. My girls, when they turn 40, are going to know their
dad was intentional with friendships."
- 11:32 - "the final 10 or with mentors. So I'm going to
intentionally. Most of my mentors are kind of in the 50 to 80 years
old season of life, and I'm going to pursue them and ask them
where you spent a couple of hours do this experience."
- 12:06 - "I am going to do 40 new experiences, things I've never
done in my life and as a 40 year old. Instead of going towards
comfort and rhythms and things I've already done before, I am
intentionally trying to do new things because I want to stay
curious. I want to be a learner, I want to. I want to stay humble.
I want to be in this growth mindset."
- 12:41 - These are four building blocks. These are anchors to
what I think are the most important things mentorship, friendship,
marriage in my time with my girls. So so I'm doing this intentional
- 13:44 - https://dadawesome.org/intentional/
- 14:25 -- 1 Peter 4:7-11 TPT "Since we are approaching the end
of all things, be intentional, purposeful, and self-controlled so
that you can be given to prayer. Above all, constantly echo God’s
intense love for one another...."
- 15:23 -- Proverbs 24:3-4 TPT "Wise people are builders — they
build families, businesses, communities. And through intelligence
and insight their enterprises are established and endure. Because
of their skilled leadership, the hearts of people are filled with
the treasures of wisdom and the pleasures of spiritual