Jan 20, 2022
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook
30+ years of parenting experience, 7 kids of all ages... Don is
the CFO of a real estate company and serves on the elder board of
Valley Creek Church, a church he and Suzanne helped start over 25
years ago. Suzanne has invested her time as a teacher, wife, mom,
homemaker, mentor, girl’s minister, speaker, writer, and most
importantly an encourager to everyone she meets.
We have a passion to help families rethink the way they do
family-one relationship at a time.
On Our Journey
Over 40 pets
Over 140 teeth lost
Over 3,200 sporting events… and counting
Over 50 overseas mission trips… and counting
Over 44,000 diapers purchased… no more counting!
Dallas dadAWESOME Meet-Up
Join us at 7:30pm on Thursday, January 27th for the Dallas Area
- 4:55 - "God's ways are crazy. God's ways are different and we
really do. What we found in our parenting journey is is that we
really did have to do things in a crazy way, really
- 5:44 - "...When family works, it's the best thing you'll ever
do in your life, but it beats any sort of ever done. It beats
anything because you know when you when your kids love Jesus and
they love you and they love each other. It really is crazy.
- 10:23 - "If you're become a student of your wife instead of her
critic, you'll be amazed what you learn about family."
- 10:36 - "I started seeing relationships being so connection
being more important than my instruction."
- LINK TO FAMILY DASHBOARD - https://crazycoolfamily.com/relationships/
- 13:49 - "Other than leading your kids to Jesus, getting your
kids to be best friends, hardest thing you'll do as a dad and mom
and dad, but it's worth it. And it just it started dripping in just
- 16:31 - What I've learned from coming out of my parenting into
my own faith is just how to do relationships at a different
- 18:33 - "what we found was, if we build that in our home, we
build this culture where relationships can flourish, like a
greenhouse, like the plants would. And we found four elements that
were super critical to that."
- 18:50 - "we encourage extravagantly and we correct carefully
because most parents flip it and they're more critical and less
encouraging. And even they qualify their encouragement..."
- 21:53 - "when you build that culture, family just works, you
know, and we tend to be so concerned about the outside. And I tell
parents all the time, it's like if you build it on the inside,
well, they're going to face anything on the outside. But because
they're ready. I mean, God's with them. And you know, it
- 29:13 -"our example is more important than your
- 29:35 - "OK, kids, what do we need to do? What do we need to
talk about? They said, You know, what do we do that was helped you?
They said all you did was you walk with Jesus and you talked about