Mar 25, 2021
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Rob Champion is the campus pastor at People's Church in Oklahoma
City, OK. He's been married for 25 years to his wife Nickie and
they have a 20-yr old daughter and 18 yr-old son.
FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS
Registration is NOW OPEN for the FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS
100-mile bike rides.
—MINNEAPOLIS, MN — August 28th, 2021
— DENVER, CO — September 18th, 2021
— PHILADELPHIA, PA — October 2nd, 2021
— NEW YORK, NY — October 9th,
— PHOENIX, AZ — November 20th, 2021
Register Here: https://f4f.bike/
- 3:20 - Describing the transition from younger years to high
school "coaching mode" and friendship beyond.
- 5:32 - Coaching out of relationship
- 7:42 - What he saw from his dad - what areas he admired, and
what he chose to do differently in his family.
- 12:42 - Thoughts on brotherhood - Quote from Ecclesiastes -
"One can be defeated, but two can stand back to back and conquer,
and the triple braided cord is not easily broken."
- 15:26 - Killing Kryptonite by
- 18:22 - Weakness as a dad - struggling with anger.
- 20:53 - How he recognized the need for a change. Recommended
- 22:48 - "I've learned that in our journey, don't be afraid of
the pain, the pain that you experience is God's trying to show you
and grow you through your pain. So embrace it and be willing to go
on the journey. God will lead you."
- 23:49 - "Anything you're not liking in how you're behaving is
tied to a root in your life that God is trying to uproot."
- 24:42 - "Guard your heart for out of it flows the wellspring of
life, everything comes out of it."
- 27:28 - Rob's Brotherhood Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/menszoomgroup/
- 30:45 - Practical mentoring tips: "Seek first to understand
your kid, seek first to understand your wife, seek first to
- 34:01 - "And just because you may not have the skills that
another brother may have or, the abilities that someone else may
have, understand that you, your value is not based off of what you
do. It's based off of whose you are, you belong to the Father and
your value is rooted in that. Stand confident in that understand
you have something to offer your kids. You have something to offer
your spouse. You have something to offer your church. You have
something to offer this world and walk in your gifts and let other
people do the things that you're not so gifted in and celebrate
them in it as well."