Dec 10, 2020
We’re on a mission to add LIFE to the dad life. We’re passionate
about helping dads live fully alive as they lead their kids to
God’s awesomeness. | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Seth Dahl is a writer and worldwide speaker to adults and
children. He is known for his powerful wisdom communicated through
a contagious joy and childlikeness. Seth and Lauren love to empower
families to build a strong connection that fosters peace and
creates a thriving family culture. Seth, Lauren and their three
children homestead with a large garden and handful of animals on a
small farm in Texas.
With over 15 years experience working with children and being a
children’s pastor, Seth has cultivated a passion to help parents
create a thriving family culture at home. Sometimes parenting is
overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be! Seth and Lauren love being
able to equip people with the practical and spiritual tools they
need to create the thriving family culture they’ve always dreamed
- Episode 137 with Seth
Dahl >> Show Notes
- 2:11 - Keep Austin Weird
Loves Austin Instagram
- 4:50 - Praying Scripture - protection from promises of God
- Luke 4:18-19 - Jesus reads Isaiah - He announces that “The
Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to preach
good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim liberty to the
captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to release the
oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”…
- 5:45 - Crafted
Prayer by Graham Cooke
- 6:46 "I'm teaching my kids the Bible and I'm praying over them
and I'm doing it over and over... I don't want them to just
know verses that they learned in kids church. These are the
Scriptures I want them to become who they are and to pull out that
peaceful, powerful, loved, blessed child that they are..."
- 8:55 - Powerful story of transforming the pain of not having a
father growing up into gratitude and intentionality with his own
- 9:36 - "Be thankful in all things."
- 10:50 - "Honor is celebrating who they are, who God made them
to be, without stumbling over their stuff." Wearing a ring as a
statement of honor and reminding what he's changing and breaking
off his family.
- 15:05 - An encounter with God that transformed the pain of his
dad and his relationship with God.
- 18:52 - Seth's book - Raising Spirit-Led Kids: Raising Kids to
Walk Naturally in the Supernatural
- 20:38 - 1 John 4:18 - "There is no fear in love. But perfect
love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The
one who fears is not made perfect in love." (NIV)
- 20:48 - The difference between punishment and discipline.
- 21:03 - Hebrews 12:8 - "If you are not disciplined—and everyone
undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and
daughters at all." (NIV)
- 21:13 - "If we punish our kids, we bring in the spirit of fear,
not the spirit of God, the spirit of love....but if we don't
discipline, it says we basically invite the orphan spirit, because
they're now illegitimate orphaned children because we don't
discipline, we don't correct, we don't have boundaries....so that's
a huge part of the book because you don't want to punish, but you
do want to discipline."
- 24:08 - The heart of sonship and identity vs. heart of an
orphan. "At its simplest, it means we're no longer alone in this,
we're not on our own."
- 26:15 - "The son is like, 'I'm not on my own. I do what I see
the Father doing. He helps me, he leads me, he's for me, he loves
me, he pours into me, and then I have it to give to them. I don't
have to conjure it up. I don't have to figure it out. I don't have
to do all these fancy tricks. I receive and then I give..."
- 28:25 - "He is the architect and we are the contractors. It's
our job to figure out his plan that he's designed and then design
it and help build it in the earth."
- 30:37 - Judges 13:8 - "Then Manoah prayed to
the Lord: 'Pardon your
servant, Lord. I beg you to let the man of God you sent to us come
again to teach us how to bring up the boy who is to be born.'"
Manoah prays for an encounter with God to give specific directions
for how to raise his son.
- 31:55 - "I don't want to do it just from books, I don't want to
do it just from the Bible, I want to do it from meeting God. I want
encounters with God where he teaches me what to do with my kids and
reminds me who they are."