Feb 23, 2020
Top 10 Revisited
Jeff sat down with Carlos Whittaker and recorded this
conversation in November 2019. Originally released as Episodes 46
& 47, this conversation is being revisited as part of our
Throwback Winter Series.
Carlos Whittaker is a People’s Choice Award winner, a former
recording artist signed to a major label, a social media maven, and
currently spends the majority of his time writing books and
speaking on stages around the world. It really began when the
Whittaker’s found their family in America’s spotlight with
appearances on shows like CBS Early Morning, The Today Show and
more when their viral video “Single Ladies Devastation” went viral.
But for Carlos, his wife Heather and their three children, this
viral moment was just a snapshot of the bigger picture.
This vulnerable conversation explores the power of words, living
as a Great Commission reflecting family, the powerful example of
his father and finding freedom through identifying lies hidden deep
in our hearts.
- Praying for a double portion of God’s wisdom
- Steeping our decisions in prayer
- Staying true to who your children are
- Breaking agreements with the enemy
- The power of words
- Jesus never prayed the problem. He always prayed the
- The natural shifts of parenting seasons
- Living as a great commission reflecting family
- If we only look for Jesus in the serious then we’re going to
miss half of him
- Medicating behaviors vs. core lies that we’re believing as
- Stop trying to inspire your way out of sin. The only way to
find freedom from these behaviors is to get to the root lie in your
- To disturb and disrupt will be the place we are most
- Why don’t we disturb and disrupt ourselves on purpose so that
we can continue to grow and mature.
- In order to show our kids wonder, we must go backwards and slow
- The power of a “Pause” – what am I not noticing around me?
- Look at the life of Jesus – how was he a moment maker?
- Jesus created moments for people on purpose
- In order to create moments for other people, we must first
receive moments from God
- Pause, slow down and rest to lower the volume of life
- How many stories (the amount of data) am I listening to in the
first 5-minutes of my day?
- Massively limit screen time (It’s always easier to add more
then to take it away)
- SPIES acronym:
- Showing our kids more what it looks like to be like Jesus
Carlos on Facebook
Carlos on Instagram
Carlos on Twitter