Jeff Zaugg recorded this special episode of dadAWESOME the day
after his dad, Chuck went home to Heaven to be with Jesus. Chuck
was 67 years old and after a 100-week battle with brain cancer and
lung cancer, our prayers were answered and he is now healed
completely in Heaven. Chuck loved God, pursued a passionate 43
years of marriage with his wife, Pam, and he lovingly cheered along
all four kids and 11 grandkids. Chuck lived with wisdom and he had
an amazing ability to have a vision or dream and see it through to
completion. This episode of dadAWESOME is a tiny fraction of what
could be shared about Chuck Zaugg and we pray it inspires all of us
to live life with anticipation and keep our eyes shining with
- 1:00 - My dad, Chuck Zaugg, moving from paradise to
- 1:45 - "When we live live with anticipation, we live life with
- 3:10 - We called my dad “Papa”
- 4:00 - Romans 8 - God’s Spirit beckons. There are things
to do and places to go! This resurrection life you received from
God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously
expectant, greeting God with a childlike “What’s next,
Papa?” God’s Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really
are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and
children. And we know we are going to get what’s coming to
us—an unbelievable inheritance! We go through
exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times
with him, then we’re certainly going to go through the good times
with him! That’s why I don’t think there’s any comparison between
the present hard times and the coming good times. The created world
itself can hardly wait for what’s coming next.
Everything in creation is being more or less held back. God reins
it in until both creation and all the creatures are ready and can
be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead.
Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens.
- 6:05 - Episode
100 talking about launching our kids further and faster than
they could go on their own
- 6:25 - "Just Another Day in Paradise"
- 7:15 - Living life with anticipation of more of Heaven coming
here on earth
- 7:42 - Here are 10 ways I want to be a dad like my
- 7:55 - 1. Loved My Mom - he kissed my mom
daily. He served my mom. He valued and deeply loved his wife.
- 8:26 - 2. Family Man - his eyes shined with
love for his family… dinners together, sports together, vacations
together, play together
- 8:42 - 3. Integrity - telling the truth and
following through on commitments always
- 8:48 - 4. Dream Chaser - seeing the future and
believing in faith that he could move past obstacles to get
- 9:46 - 5. Hard Work - the hardest working man
I’ve ever met
- 9:57 - 6. Excellence - he cared about the
little things and he was always proud of his work.
- 10:05 - 7. Love For Others - he deeply cared
about people and his care often led him to serving them
- 10:31 - 8. Problem Solver - the creative
ability to not get stuck and find a way when there seemed like
there’s no way
- 10:53 - 9. Generationally Generous - my dad
built a family business that will bless his grandkids and beyond.
He gave and has continued to give to his kids and his
- 11:15 - 10. Surrounded by Praying Friends -
show me your friends and I’ll show you your future… story of Jack
kneeling in prayer
- 13:05 - Advice = "Keep reading the book of Proverbs and keep
making wise choices"
- 13:35 - The Wisemen from the Christmas story (Matthew 2)
- 14:03 - Part 1 - When the star reappeared “they were so
ecstatic that they shouted and celebrated with unrestrained joy."
- 14:26 - Part 2 - When they came into the house and saw
the young child with Mary, “they were overcome. Falling to
the ground at his feet they worshiped him.” -
- 15:00 - Part 3 - After bowing in worship, they made a generous
DEMONSTRATION of their faith… their response was
to GIVE their resources. “Then they opened their treasure boxes
full of gifts and presented him with gold, frankincense, and
- 15:46 - Part 4 - REVELATION >>
Clarity from Heaven... = “Afterward they returned to their own
country by another route because God had warned them in a dream not
to go back to Herod.”
- 18:35 - Ask your Heavenly Father, "What's the revelation you
have for me? How can I live with a forward leaning anticipation for
what God has next?"
- 19:00 - Jeff's prayer
- 20:30 - Worship song, "It Is Well" by Bethel