Dec 16, 2018
Part 3 of the Moment Maker Dads month features a book
conversation with Ross Manders...
"Never Say No"
takes you on a personal journey to learn first-hand how Mark &
Jan Foreman raised Jon and Tim of Switchfoot. They share practical
advice for instilling wonder in a media-saturated culture,
cultivating specific gifts, and balancing structure with individual
choice. Our purpose as parents is the same as our child’s: to live
creatively beyond ourselves, bringing the love, beauty and nature
of God to this world. Let the adventure begin.
- We are to raise kids with a dream and help them follow and
chase after that dream
- Fostering an environment of courage and pushing our kids
- How much of my time is spent being intentional with my
- Their playbook for family values: Responsibility, persistence,
resilience, patience, well rounded
- Technology is threatening childhood
- Toys - how do we encourage our kids to play creatively
- Be in closer contact to people who are hurting
- Raising up kids that stand out and are different and are agents
- "The calling for all children is to invade the sometimes scary
world with the love, truth and goodness of the God that made
- Who do our kids see that we are? If our kids see that we care,
they will grow hearts that care.
- As parents get to pass the torch of our faith'
- If our faith is mechanical, then our kids will think of faith
in the same bucket as topics in school that they’re forced to
- Sticky practices - rhythms of connection moments - mystery
waffles or Fried Egg Fridays
- Making the Bible come alive with a creative interactive
- Use all 5 senses to help the Bible come alive - this will help
them remember it\
- We become like the people we surround ourselves with
- I want to help my kids experience an awesome God and let them
know that their Heavenly Father delights in them
About Ross Manders:
Ross and his wife Emily moved from Minnesota to Philadelphia, PA
to plant Restoration
Church five years ago. They have four amazing kids.
Ross' goal is to help as many people as possible know God and
love God and in that become more fully human.